San Francisco News
Teen found fatally shot in Diamond Heights
SAN FRANCISCO -- A teenager was found dead in an apparent homicide in San Francisco's Diamond Heights neighborhood on Sunday morning, police said today.
Officers responded at 9:38 a.m. to a report of a dead body in the first block of Carnelian Way.
Police found the victim dead of an apparent gunshot wound and are treating the case as a homicide. The victim has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 18-year-old San Francisco resident Elijah Hopkins.
No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting, and no suspect information was available as of this morning, police said.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
diamond heights, shooting, san francisco news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 36 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones 19 min ago
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 59 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos