San Francisco News
Crews clean up spilled cooking oil downtown
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Monday afternoon there was a big mess in Downtown San Francisco. A truck spilled oil on 4th and Howard streets, not far from the Metreon.
Clean up crews soaked up and cleaned up most of the oil and reopened the closed lanes around 5:15 p.m.
The truck was carrying barrels filled with used fryer oil and ABC7 News was told one of those barrels fell off the truck and gushed 100 gallons of oil onto the street.
Kitty litter was used to soak up the oil.
oil spill, soma, san francisco news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting 1 min ago
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday