San Francisco News
Woman's car hit by gunfire in Visitacion Valley
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman escaped injury Monday night when someone shot into her car in San Francisco's Visitacion Valley neighborhood, just blocks from the scene of a double murder earlier that day, police said.
The 37-year-old woman was driving near Sunnydale Avenue and Rey Street at about 10 p.m. when a white SUV came up from behind and passed her, according to police.Someone inside the SUV then opened fire on a group of people standing on the sidewalk, missing them but striking the woman's vehicle. No one was hit by the gunfire, police said. The SUV then drove off and had not been found as of this morning. The shooting occurred just a few blocks from where two men were fatally shot early Monday afternoon. At 1:12 p.m., officers responded to a report of a large fight on Burr Avenue near Argonaut Avenue. A minute later, police received reports that two people had been shot. The two victims, men believed to be in their early 20s, were taken to San Francisco General Hospital where they were pronounced dead. Their names have not yet been released. No arrests have been made in connection with either shooting, and police have not said whether they believe the shooting on Monday night was related to the earlier deaths. Anyone with information about either case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
guns, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos