San Francisco News
Sharks and penguins living together at Cal Academy
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Sharks and penguins living together? It sounds strange, but it's actually a match made in heaven at the California Academy of Science in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.
Six pyjama sharks were released into the Steinhart Aquarium Tuesday morning, joining a colony of African penguins. Biologists say not to worry. The seemingly unlikely housemates co-habitate in the wild along the South African coast.
The pyjama sharks are nocturnal bottom feeders and shy by nature, while the penguins fish in shallow waters during the day.
sharks, california academy of sciences, san francisco news
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect 49 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos