San Francisco News
Protesters rally against closure of SF pot clubs
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Medical marijuana supporters took to the streets Wednesday to protest the closure of two San Francisco dispensaries.
Dozens turned out to protest the closure of the Vapor Room and the Hopenet Clinic. The two medical marijuana dispensaries closed Tuesday after they received letters from the Justice Department warning of property seizures and criminal trials if they remained open.
Protesters held a mock funeral procession, saying that their rights are dying in San Francisco.
"They're sending patients into the illicit market instead of safe, regulated, permitted facilities for safe access to their medicine," Vapor Room employee Stephanie Tucker said.
Eight San Francisco dispensaries have closed since last fall.
The U.S. Attorney says they are only targeting pot clubs that are too close to schools and parks.
marijuana, pot club, medical marijuana, san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF 50 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Martinez police treating brush fire as crime scene 5 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos