San Francisco News
Lease deadline for SF gun club extended
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Pacific Rod and Gun Club will not get evicted Wednesday from the shore of Lake Merced in San Francisco. The city's Public Utilities Commission (PUC) has extended its deadline for revising the club's 78-year-old lease to September 5.
Club leaders will increase their liability insurance and update other terms in their lease. And both sides still need to figure out how to deal with millions of dollars of soil damage caused by lead bullets and toxic clay pigeons.
The club is the only outdoor public firing range in San Francisco.
lake merced, guns, san francisco news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday