San Francisco News
United Airlines lost girl headed to camp last June
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Outraged parents say United Airlines lost their 10-year-old daughter who was flying out of San Francisco International Airport last June.
Perry Klebahn sent his daughter Phoebe to camp in Traverse City Michigan. Phoebe was scheduled to fly as an unaccompanied minor from San Francisco to Chicago and then on to Grand Rapids. As an unaccompanied minor, Phoebe was supposed to be escorted between flights, but that didn't happen. She ended up getting stranded in Chicago
Phoebe's parents say their daughter was told attendants were busy and could not help her. She says she asked three times to use a phone to call her mom and dad, but was told to wait. When she missed the flight she asked if someone had called camp to make sure they knew and they told her "yes, we will take care of it." Her parents say no one did and that she was sad and scared that no one helped.
Eventually the camp called Phoebe's parents to tell them that their daughter was missing. Camp leaders tried to get answers from United, but were stonewalled. A United employee eventually helped find Phoebe.
Making matters worse, her luggage was lost for three days. United has apologized to the family and agreed to reimburse the flight.
united airlines, missing person, san francisco news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease 50 min ago
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder 31 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- SF group fights to turn parking into...
41 min ago