San Francisco News
3 sexual assaults reported at Outside Lands
SAN FRANCISCO -- Three separate sexual assaults were reported at the annual Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival held in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park over the weekend, a San Francisco police spokesman said Wednesday.
The three different "suspicious occurrences" that are possibly sexual assaults happened to three women between the ages of 18 to early 20s over the weekend, according to San Francisco police Officer Albie Esparza.
The women did not know each other and the only connection between them is that they all attended the music festival, Esparza said.
The three suspected sexual assaults were reported around the bushy area of the Polo Fields, near a windmill prop at the festival and near white tents affiliated with the music event, Esparza said.
Two of the sexual assaults occurred on Saturday while the third was early Sunday morning, according to Esparza.
The victims don't have much information about the attacks, as they cannot recollect many details, Esparza said.
"We are trying to work with the victims to ascertain suspect descriptions," he said.
Each of the victims had been drinking, but investigators have conducted toxicology examinations to determine if anything else was in their systems such as drugs that may be connected to the sexual assaults.
Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks, Esparza said.
One of the three cases was reported when the victim was driving home from the festival and stopped at a hospital where she reported a possible sexual assault, Esparza said.
crime, sex crimes, golden gate park, san francisco news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 6 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 49 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos