San Francisco News
3 sexual assaults reported at Outside Lands
SAN FRANCISCO -- Three separate sexual assaults were reported at the annual Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival held in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park over the weekend, a San Francisco police spokesman said Wednesday.
The three different "suspicious occurrences" that are possibly sexual assaults happened to three women between the ages of 18 to early 20s over the weekend, according to San Francisco police Officer Albie Esparza.
The women did not know each other and the only connection between them is that they all attended the music festival, Esparza said.
The three suspected sexual assaults were reported around the bushy area of the Polo Fields, near a windmill prop at the festival and near white tents affiliated with the music event, Esparza said.
Two of the sexual assaults occurred on Saturday while the third was early Sunday morning, according to Esparza.
The victims don't have much information about the attacks, as they cannot recollect many details, Esparza said.
"We are trying to work with the victims to ascertain suspect descriptions," he said.
Each of the victims had been drinking, but investigators have conducted toxicology examinations to determine if anything else was in their systems such as drugs that may be connected to the sexual assaults.
Toxicology results will not be available for several weeks, Esparza said.
One of the three cases was reported when the victim was driving home from the festival and stopped at a hospital where she reported a possible sexual assault, Esparza said.
crime, sex crimes, golden gate park, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire