San Francisco News
Mirkarimi claims city leaders are making up rules
BURLINGAME, Calif. (KGO) -- Suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi claims powerful city leaders are writing their own rules.
In an interview on KGO Radio, Mirkarimi said the Ethics Commission hearings proved city leaders will do anything to remove him from office. He said, "This city is about ready to go into a constitutional crisis. By the fact that they might be manipulating what are vague parts of the charter in order to apply those ambiguities towards favoring a powerful office, meaning the chief executive, the mayor, to try and oust another elected peer."
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors will now decide if Mirkarimi will permanently lose his job.
ross mirkarimi, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF 49 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 36 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 23 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
16 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration...
49 min ago