San Francisco News
Mirkarimi claims city leaders are making up rules
BURLINGAME, Calif. (KGO) -- Suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi claims powerful city leaders are writing their own rules.
In an interview on KGO Radio, Mirkarimi said the Ethics Commission hearings proved city leaders will do anything to remove him from office. He said, "This city is about ready to go into a constitutional crisis. By the fact that they might be manipulating what are vague parts of the charter in order to apply those ambiguities towards favoring a powerful office, meaning the chief executive, the mayor, to try and oust another elected peer."
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors will now decide if Mirkarimi will permanently lose his job.
ross mirkarimi, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
56 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos