San Francisco News
Mirkarimi claims city leaders are making up rules
BURLINGAME, Calif. (KGO) -- Suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi claims powerful city leaders are writing their own rules.
In an interview on KGO Radio, Mirkarimi said the Ethics Commission hearings proved city leaders will do anything to remove him from office. He said, "This city is about ready to go into a constitutional crisis. By the fact that they might be manipulating what are vague parts of the charter in order to apply those ambiguities towards favoring a powerful office, meaning the chief executive, the mayor, to try and oust another elected peer."
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors will now decide if Mirkarimi will permanently lose his job.
ross mirkarimi, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Broken water line in San Francisco's Lower Haight 3 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
26 min ago