San Francisco News
Mirkarimi claims city leaders are making up rules
BURLINGAME, Calif. (KGO) -- Suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi claims powerful city leaders are writing their own rules.
In an interview on KGO Radio, Mirkarimi said the Ethics Commission hearings proved city leaders will do anything to remove him from office. He said, "This city is about ready to go into a constitutional crisis. By the fact that they might be manipulating what are vague parts of the charter in order to apply those ambiguities towards favoring a powerful office, meaning the chief executive, the mayor, to try and oust another elected peer."
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors will now decide if Mirkarimi will permanently lose his job.
ross mirkarimi, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday