San Francisco News
Mirkarimi claims city leaders are making up rules
BURLINGAME, Calif. (KGO) -- Suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi claims powerful city leaders are writing their own rules.
In an interview on KGO Radio, Mirkarimi said the Ethics Commission hearings proved city leaders will do anything to remove him from office. He said, "This city is about ready to go into a constitutional crisis. By the fact that they might be manipulating what are vague parts of the charter in order to apply those ambiguities towards favoring a powerful office, meaning the chief executive, the mayor, to try and oust another elected peer."
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors will now decide if Mirkarimi will permanently lose his job.
ross mirkarimi, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 18 min ago
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram 17 min ago
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead 36 min ago
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
18 min ago