San Francisco News
Second annual SF Sunday Streets in Chinatown
SAN FRANCISCO -- Sunday Streets returned to Chinatown Sunday morning along with the second annual Chinatown Ping Pong Tournament.
The second Chinatown Sunday Streets ran from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., according to city officials.
The free event extended from Grant Avenue along historic Jackson Street and Washington to Embarcadero. Bicycles and other people-powered vehicles are welcomed, as are pedestrians.
As part of the event, the Second Annual Chinatown Ping Pong Tournament took place from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Portsmouth Square.
The city is holding ten Sunday Streets events this year from March 11 to Oct. 21, 2012.
ed lee, san francisco news
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 6 min ago
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Photos: Colorado high school shooting
- Board approves eminent domain move for train 21 min ago
- Icy roads creating dangerous driving conditions
- Vigils to mark first anniversary of Newtown shooting
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Saturday
- roundup: SF stabbing; Water main breaks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday