San Francisco News
Second annual SF Sunday Streets in Chinatown
SAN FRANCISCO -- Sunday Streets returned to Chinatown Sunday morning along with the second annual Chinatown Ping Pong Tournament.
The second Chinatown Sunday Streets ran from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., according to city officials.
The free event extended from Grant Avenue along historic Jackson Street and Washington to Embarcadero. Bicycles and other people-powered vehicles are welcomed, as are pedestrians.
As part of the event, the Second Annual Chinatown Ping Pong Tournament took place from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Portsmouth Square.
The city is holding ten Sunday Streets events this year from March 11 to Oct. 21, 2012.
ed lee, san francisco news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 12 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike 14 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 22 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
12 min ago