San Francisco News
Boat breaks speed record on bay
SAN FRANCISCO BAY (KGO) -- In San Francisco Bay Friday a new record was set for speeding across the water.
The Hydroptere DCNS reached a speed of 43.1 mph during a nautical mile run off Pier 39. That's a speed sailing record, but it's not even close to what the boat can do.
The hydro-tear is nine stories tall, 79-feet wide, and has been clocked at 58 mph, making it the fastest sailing boat in the world.
san francisco bay, san francisco news
- Amber Alert issued for child from Long Beach 7 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd