San Francisco News
Boat breaks speed record on bay
SAN FRANCISCO BAY (KGO) -- In San Francisco Bay Friday a new record was set for speeding across the water.
The Hydroptere DCNS reached a speed of 43.1 mph during a nautical mile run off Pier 39. That's a speed sailing record, but it's not even close to what the boat can do.
The hydro-tear is nine stories tall, 79-feet wide, and has been clocked at 58 mph, making it the fastest sailing boat in the world.
san francisco bay, san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 39 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 32 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos