San Francisco News
Cable car bell-ringing contest crowns new champ
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's cable car ringing contest crowned a new champion Thursday.
Trini Whitaker showed off his championship bell ringing along with plenty of rhythm and some style. He's had plenty of practice, having been on cable car duty for 10 years.
Whitaker dethroned Leonard Oats, who had won three years running.
This was the 49th year the contest has been held. It was cancelled last year because of labor problems.
union square, transportation, san francisco 49ers, san francisco news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced 47 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home 50 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 34 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
17 min ago
- Vernon's View: "When we play them it's...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos