San Francisco News
Cable car bell-ringing contest crowns new champ
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's cable car ringing contest crowned a new champion Thursday.
Trini Whitaker showed off his championship bell ringing along with plenty of rhythm and some style. He's had plenty of practice, having been on cable car duty for 10 years.
Whitaker dethroned Leonard Oats, who had won three years running.
This was the 49th year the contest has been held. It was cancelled last year because of labor problems.
union square, transportation, san francisco 49ers, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos