San Francisco News
Golden Gate Transit District may lay off dozens of bus drivers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- More than two dozen bus drivers in the North Bay are facing the prospect of losing their jobs.
The Marin Independent Journal reports that the Golden Gate Transit District could lay off as many as 30 bus drivers. The cuts could happen if the transit district loses a contract to provide bus service to Marin County. Currently, the county pays Golden Gate to operate their bus routes. Under a renegotiated contract the layoffs would save the county millions.
The transit district would keep the contract, but provide 25 percent less service. That proposal will be discussed during a September 17th meeting.
layoff, san francisco news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos