San Francisco News
Man arrested with loaded guns in house with kids
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was arrested in San Francisco's Bayview District last Saturday after police found several loaded weapons in his home where three children live.
Police detained Daron Raynaldo, 21, of San Francisco, after he exited his home in the 700 block of Missouri Street with his girlfriend and three children, according to police.
Officers searched Raynaldo's home and found a MAC-10 assault weapon, a 9mm semi-automatic handgun and a .22-caliber rifle with a cut off stock, police said.
All of the weapons were loaded and within arm's reach of all of the children, according to police.
Raynaldo, a parolee, was booked at the Bayview Police Station on suspicion of multiple weapons offenses, a parole violation and child endangerment, police said.
The Bayview District is coming off a homicide-free month in August, police said.
Over the span of 54 hours between Friday and Monday, Bayview officers made five arrests, including Raynaldo, and confiscated 14 firearms, police said.
The names of the other four people arrested were not immediately available.
bayview hunters point, crime, guns, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos