San Francisco News
Mirkarimi request to delay supes decision denied
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi had another setback Thursday. The city Ethics Commission denied a request by Mirkarimi's lawyer to delay the Board of Supervisor's decision on his future.
Mirkarimi wanted to wait until after the November elections. His lawyers contend some supervisors will feel political pressure to fire him so they can get re-elected.
But Thursday afternoon, the Ethics Commission said Mirkarimi's petition is based on pure speculation, so they denied it.
ross mirkarimi, eliana lopez, domestic violence, ed lee, san francisco board of supervisors, san francisco news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 7 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday