San Francisco News
SF police seek vehicular assault suspect
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are still seeking a suspect in a vehicular assault on Aug. 21, when the driver of a sport utility vehicle appeared to intentionally hit a 36-year-old man in the Bayview district, police said Thursday.
Officers from the Bayview station were on patrol at about 9:50 p.m. Aug. 21 when a pedestrian reported that a man was down at the intersection of Alameda Street and San Bruno Avenue.The victim, who suffered life-threatening injuries, was transported to San Francisco General Hospital where he remained hospitalized today, police said. An investigation identified the suspect vehicle as a white, compact sport utility vehicle, similar to a Rav-4, with a spare tire encased in a white-colored hard cover attached to the rear, police said. Information gathered during the investigation indicates the driver steered to hit the victim on purpose before fleeing the scene, police said. Police have obtained information that placed the suspect vehicle at the intersection of Alameda and San Bruno between 9:40 p.m. and 9:55 p.m. Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Kevin Horan of the Mission Station Investigative Team at (415) 558-5404, or the Anonymous Tip Line at (415) 575-4444, or text a tip to "TIP411" and begin the text message with "SFPD."
crash, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 38 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 19 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 8 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
38 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos