San Francisco News
Man fatally shot in San Francisco's Mission District
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was fatally shot in San Francisco's Mission District on Sunday afternoon, police said Monday.
The shooting was reported at about 4:05 p.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of Treat Avenue.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was found suffering from a gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police. The medical examiner's office was not yet releasing his name today pending notification of next of kin.
No suspect information was available in connection with the shooting as of this afternoon, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145, the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
shooting, guns, murder, mission district, san francisco news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos