San Francisco News
Man fatally shot in San Francisco's Mission District
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was fatally shot in San Francisco's Mission District on Sunday afternoon, police said Monday.
The shooting was reported at about 4:05 p.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of Treat Avenue.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was found suffering from a gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police. The medical examiner's office was not yet releasing his name today pending notification of next of kin.
No suspect information was available in connection with the shooting as of this afternoon, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145, the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
shooting, guns, murder, mission district, san francisco news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan