San Francisco News
Man beaten during home invasion robbery
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was hospitalized after being beaten during a home invasion robbery in San Francisco's Hunters Point neighborhood on Wednesday night, police said today.
The robbery was reported around 8:25 p.m. in the 100 block of Kiska Road.
When the 20-year-old victim answered a knock at his door, a group of suspects forced their way in and began punching him in the face and body, according to police.
The suspects went through the victim's pockets and stole his cellphone and cash. They also ransacked the house before fleeing, police said.
The victim was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for a cut to his eye and other injuries that are not considered life-threatening.
The suspects, described as four men in their 20s -- two of whom were wearing ski masks -- had not been found as of this morning.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 7 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 14 min ago
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter 39 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos