San Francisco News
Protesters vandalize Mission police station after shooting
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Around 10:30 p.m. Thursday a group of protesters in San Francisco's Mission District vandalized the police station there following an officer-involved shooting that happened at 8 p.m. There is now a heavy police presence surrounding the police station.
The protest group, using a Black Bloc tactic, came to the police station and spray-painted the word "killers" on the main door. The Black Bloc tactic is when a group of protesters wear masks and the color black so it is harder for police to identify them individually. They were protesting the officer-involved shooting that took place at 8 p.m. at 14th and Natoma streets.
Police say an officer with the gang task force opened fire on a suspected gang member after that suspected gang member pointed a gun at the officer during a foot pursuit. The suspect was shot twice and is recovering from non-life threatening injuries at San Francisco General Hospital.
The Mission police station is under heavy guard. Officers rushed over as soon as they heard about the graffiti.
The protesters marched through the Mission and wrapped up their rally at the 16th BART Station.
The 16th Street BART Station closed for a while until roughly midnight.
mission district, shooting, san francisco news, lilian kim
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
39 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos