San Francisco News
Bird infected with West Nile found in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Right now a warning is out to San Francisco residents about the West Nile virus. Health officials say they found a bird infected with the virus near San Francisco City College.
City workers are cleaning out storm drains and basins to prevent infected mosquitos from hatching.
This is only the third time in the last five years that an infected bird was found in San Francisco.
west nile virus, san francisco news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes 8 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz? 40 min ago
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
17 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos