San Francisco News
San Francisco named the top city in the U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco has been named by Businessweek.com as the top city in the nation.
Businessweek and Bloomberg teamed up to evaluate the 100 largest cities in the U.S. They cited San Francisco's world-class restaurants, education rate, low crime, festivals, and even sports teams as the reason why the San Francisco came out on top.
Seattle, Washington DC, Boston, and Portland, Oregon round out the top five.
Two other Bay Area cities also made it into the top 100 -- Oakland ranked number 31 with San Jose close behind at 33.
oakland, san jose, san francisco news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions 31 min ago
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday