San Francisco News
San Francisco named the top city in the U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco has been named by Businessweek.com as the top city in the nation.
Businessweek and Bloomberg teamed up to evaluate the 100 largest cities in the U.S. They cited San Francisco's world-class restaurants, education rate, low crime, festivals, and even sports teams as the reason why the San Francisco came out on top.
Seattle, Washington DC, Boston, and Portland, Oregon round out the top five.
Two other Bay Area cities also made it into the top 100 -- Oakland ranked number 31 with San Jose close behind at 33.
oakland, san jose, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos