San Francisco News
San Francisco named the top city in the U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco has been named by Businessweek.com as the top city in the nation.
Businessweek and Bloomberg teamed up to evaluate the 100 largest cities in the U.S. They cited San Francisco's world-class restaurants, education rate, low crime, festivals, and even sports teams as the reason why the San Francisco came out on top.
Seattle, Washington DC, Boston, and Portland, Oregon round out the top five.
Two other Bay Area cities also made it into the top 100 -- Oakland ranked number 31 with San Jose close behind at 33.
oakland, san jose, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley 8 min ago
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University 46 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating 21 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery 3 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Fresno police seek suspects in teacher's shooting 26 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday