San Francisco News
Expanded plastic bag ban will start in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's expanded plastic bag ban is just around the corner.
On Monday, no retailers in the city will be allowed to offer you plastic.
That goes beyond your big box and grocery stores to include smaller mom-and-pop stores.
Retailers will also charge customers 10-cents for a paper or compostable bag. In July 2013, the ban will expand to include restaurants.
san francisco news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides 9 min ago
- Hundreds allowed back home after Calif. wildfire
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes 24 min ago
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening
- Sonoma-Marin Fair holding "Ugliest Dog" contest
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food,...
9 min ago