San Francisco News
Law firm launching PSA campaign about cell phone theft
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco law firm is taking action against iPhone thieves after one of its attorneys was attacked and robbed of her phone.
The Dolan law firm is launching a public service campaign to make sure what happened to Heather Sweeney doesn't happen to anyone else. Sweeney was celebrating her birthday inside a Fillmore Street bar last month when a man and woman mugged her.
"Reality is, it's happening everywhere. It's happening to people walking down the street in broad daylight. It's happening in restaurants like it's happening to me and the thieves are becoming more aggressive, more brazen, and the attacks are getting more violent," Sweeney told ABC7 News.
Chris Dolan plans on spending up to $20,000 on the campaign which will include radio and newspaper warnings about what's now being called "phone jacking." He's also offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest people who attacked Heather Sweeney.
crime, iphone, smartphones, apple, san francisco news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 33 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
30 min ago