San Francisco News
Law firm launching PSA campaign about cell phone theft
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco law firm is taking action against iPhone thieves after one of its attorneys was attacked and robbed of her phone.
The Dolan law firm is launching a public service campaign to make sure what happened to Heather Sweeney doesn't happen to anyone else. Sweeney was celebrating her birthday inside a Fillmore Street bar last month when a man and woman mugged her.
"Reality is, it's happening everywhere. It's happening to people walking down the street in broad daylight. It's happening in restaurants like it's happening to me and the thieves are becoming more aggressive, more brazen, and the attacks are getting more violent," Sweeney told ABC7 News.
Chris Dolan plans on spending up to $20,000 on the campaign which will include radio and newspaper warnings about what's now being called "phone jacking." He's also offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest people who attacked Heather Sweeney.
crime, iphone, smartphones, apple, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support 51 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed 19 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- Bay Point man arrested in connection with '95 murder 7 min ago
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on...
51 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos