San Francisco News
Law firm launching PSA campaign about cell phone theft
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco law firm is taking action against iPhone thieves after one of its attorneys was attacked and robbed of her phone.
The Dolan law firm is launching a public service campaign to make sure what happened to Heather Sweeney doesn't happen to anyone else. Sweeney was celebrating her birthday inside a Fillmore Street bar last month when a man and woman mugged her.
"Reality is, it's happening everywhere. It's happening to people walking down the street in broad daylight. It's happening in restaurants like it's happening to me and the thieves are becoming more aggressive, more brazen, and the attacks are getting more violent," Sweeney told ABC7 News.
Chris Dolan plans on spending up to $20,000 on the campaign which will include radio and newspaper warnings about what's now being called "phone jacking." He's also offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest people who attacked Heather Sweeney.
crime, iphone, smartphones, apple, san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 31 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy 37 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos