San Francisco News
Fundraiser planned for SF businesses devasted by fire
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A fundraising concert is planned this afternoon to help rebuild several San Francisco businesses that were devastated by a fire last month.
On August 7, flames raced through businesses on Ocean Avenue, causing an estimated three million dollars in damage. The businesses affected include Lili Knits, Wang Wah (Golden China) Restaurant, Happy Bakery and Deli, and King Coffee Shop.To help them rebuild, the Ingleside Presbyterian Church and the Ocean Avenue Association are hosting "Christmas in September" at 4 p.m.
For a suggested donation of $25, guests will be treated to a performance by internationally acclaimed opera soprano Hope Briggs.
sffd, fire, ingleside, san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 49 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos