San Francisco News
Fundraiser planned for SF businesses devasted by fire
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A fundraising concert is planned this afternoon to help rebuild several San Francisco businesses that were devastated by a fire last month.
On August 7, flames raced through businesses on Ocean Avenue, causing an estimated three million dollars in damage. The businesses affected include Lili Knits, Wang Wah (Golden China) Restaurant, Happy Bakery and Deli, and King Coffee Shop.To help them rebuild, the Ingleside Presbyterian Church and the Ocean Avenue Association are hosting "Christmas in September" at 4 p.m.
For a suggested donation of $25, guests will be treated to a performance by internationally acclaimed opera soprano Hope Briggs.
sffd, fire, ingleside, san francisco news
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead 2 min ago
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness 38 min ago
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments 47 min ago
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 32 min ago
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday