San Francisco News
Fundraiser planned for SF businesses devasted by fire
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A fundraising concert is planned this afternoon to help rebuild several San Francisco businesses that were devastated by a fire last month.
On August 7, flames raced through businesses on Ocean Avenue, causing an estimated three million dollars in damage. The businesses affected include Lili Knits, Wang Wah (Golden China) Restaurant, Happy Bakery and Deli, and King Coffee Shop.To help them rebuild, the Ingleside Presbyterian Church and the Ocean Avenue Association are hosting "Christmas in September" at 4 p.m.
For a suggested donation of $25, guests will be treated to a performance by internationally acclaimed opera soprano Hope Briggs.
sffd, fire, ingleside, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Fatal accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 16 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 57 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
48 min ago