San Francisco News
Anti-bullying video contest details
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- In honor of October's National Anti-Bullying Prevention Month, District Attorney George Gascón will be joined by members of his "Women's Advisory Committee" to launch "Bye Bye Bullying", a video contest for San Francisco middle and high school students.
The purpose of the campaign is to increase awareness about the effects of bullying on students and to encourage positive responses towards bullying.
Contestants will create a 60 second video of one of the following themes:
1. What is Bullying? What does bullying and harassment mean to you?
2. Effects of Bullying. What is the impact of bullying and harassment?
3. Effective Ways to Respond to Bullying. What positive responses have teachers, administrators and/or classmates provided to address bullying and harassment at school?
Videos will be evaluated by a panel of Judges. Contest winners will be announced on Dec 4th. Contest winners will win prizes including iPads, sailing lessons, graffiti art classes and much more. Submission period for "Bye Bye Bullying" starts on Oct. 3rd and ends Nov.7th, 2012. For more information, http://www.sfdistrictattorney.com
san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 24 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 9 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 13 min ago
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
24 min ago