San Francisco News
One killed in early-morning shooting in SOMA
SAN FRANCISCO -- One person was killed in a shooting in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood early this morning, police said today.
The shooting was reported around 2:40 a.m. near the intersection of 4th and Mission streets, a police officer said.
Authorities initially reported that two victims were injured by the gunfire, but no information about the second victim was immediately available as of 6:55 a.m.
Police are investigating the shooting as a homicide.
No suspect information was available.
soma, shooting, crime, san francisco news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 51
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison 4 min ago
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda 31 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized 35 min ago
- 16-year-old killed in San Jose bike accident 6 min ago
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder 54 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in...
29 min ago