San Francisco News
One killed in early-morning shooting in SOMA
SAN FRANCISCO -- One person was killed in a shooting in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood early this morning, police said today.
The shooting was reported around 2:40 a.m. near the intersection of 4th and Mission streets, a police officer said.
Authorities initially reported that two victims were injured by the gunfire, but no information about the second victim was immediately available as of 6:55 a.m.
Police are investigating the shooting as a homicide.
No suspect information was available.
soma, shooting, crime, san francisco news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 38 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 16 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 8 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan