San Francisco News
One killed in early-morning shooting in SOMA
SAN FRANCISCO -- One person was killed in a shooting in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood early this morning, police said today.
The shooting was reported around 2:40 a.m. near the intersection of 4th and Mission streets, a police officer said.
Authorities initially reported that two victims were injured by the gunfire, but no information about the second victim was immediately available as of 6:55 a.m.
Police are investigating the shooting as a homicide.
No suspect information was available.
soma, shooting, crime, san francisco news
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 6 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos