San Francisco News
Kids build Ancient Greece out of sand
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A group of fourth graders was able to turn back the sands of time -- and make Ancient Greece come alive.
The kids from Nueva School in Hillsborough took their history lesson to the beach at Crissy Field.
They had to carve out the Acropolis, including the Parthenon and the Temple of Athena -- all out of sand. It's a unique way to learn about ancient Greek architecture.
The kids had a little help; they were being guided by master sand sculptor Kirk Rademaker -- "The Sand Guy."
hillsborough, children, san francisco news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall 43 min ago
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Oakland considers dropping ShotSpotter technology 9 min ago
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport 48 min ago
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission 34 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo 11 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos