San Francisco News
Kids build Ancient Greece out of sand
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A group of fourth graders was able to turn back the sands of time -- and make Ancient Greece come alive.
The kids from Nueva School in Hillsborough took their history lesson to the beach at Crissy Field.
They had to carve out the Acropolis, including the Parthenon and the Temple of Athena -- all out of sand. It's a unique way to learn about ancient Greek architecture.
The kids had a little help; they were being guided by master sand sculptor Kirk Rademaker -- "The Sand Guy."
hillsborough, children, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season 37 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching 47 min ago
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket 30 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea 44 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos