San Francisco News
SF shooting victim identified as Union City resident
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was fatally shot in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood early Sunday morning has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 28-year-old Union City resident Stoney Whetstone.
Whetstone was killed and a second man was injured when someone fired at them at about 2:40 a.m. Sunday near Fourth and Mission streets, police said.
Whetstone was pronounced dead at the scene, and the second victim was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to police.
"No arrests had been made in the case as of this morning," police Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Anyone with information about the killing is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
union city, shooting, crime, san francisco news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 17 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 30 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 21 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
17 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
21 min ago