San Francisco News
SF ranked as second most congested city in U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If it seems like traffic in San Francisco is grinding to a halt -- it's not an illusion.
According to the latest TomTom Congestion Index, San Francisco is now the second most congested city in the U.S. That's up from the number five position. And get this -- only Los Angeles is worse.
The navigation systems maker found average travel times are 29 percent longer during peak commute periods.
Some other findings:
- For each hour we're on the road during rush hour, 34 minutes of that is caused by delays.
- Avoid driving on Thursdays, that's the most congested day in the Bay Area.
traffic, transportation, los angeles, san francisco news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Concession workers launch one-day strike at AT&T 54 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast 30 min ago
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event 31 min ago
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos