San Francisco News
SF ranked as second most congested city in U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If it seems like traffic in San Francisco is grinding to a halt -- it's not an illusion.
According to the latest TomTom Congestion Index, San Francisco is now the second most congested city in the U.S. That's up from the number five position. And get this -- only Los Angeles is worse.
The navigation systems maker found average travel times are 29 percent longer during peak commute periods.
Some other findings:
- For each hour we're on the road during rush hour, 34 minutes of that is caused by delays.
- Avoid driving on Thursdays, that's the most congested day in the Bay Area.
traffic, transportation, los angeles, san francisco news
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 24 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 8 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos