San Francisco News
SF ranked as second most congested city in U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If it seems like traffic in San Francisco is grinding to a halt -- it's not an illusion.
According to the latest TomTom Congestion Index, San Francisco is now the second most congested city in the U.S. That's up from the number five position. And get this -- only Los Angeles is worse.
The navigation systems maker found average travel times are 29 percent longer during peak commute periods.
Some other findings:
- For each hour we're on the road during rush hour, 34 minutes of that is caused by delays.
- Avoid driving on Thursdays, that's the most congested day in the Bay Area.
traffic, transportation, los angeles, san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 20 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 23 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos