San Francisco News
Injured sea lion with plastic on neck making good recovery
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The injured sea lion that rescued at San Francisco's Pier 39 is making a great recovery.
It was being treated at the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito. The sea lion was spotted last Tuesday with a plastic wrapping strip tightly around its neck. Dozens of people watched as veterinarians caught it with a big net.
It's been named "Blond Bomber" and if all goes well, it could be back in the ocean by next Thursday.
animal, animals in peril, rescue, marine mammal center, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos