San Francisco News
Injured sea lion with plastic on neck making good recovery
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The injured sea lion that rescued at San Francisco's Pier 39 is making a great recovery.
It was being treated at the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito. The sea lion was spotted last Tuesday with a plastic wrapping strip tightly around its neck. Dozens of people watched as veterinarians caught it with a big net.
It's been named "Blond Bomber" and if all goes well, it could be back in the ocean by next Thursday.
animal, animals in peril, rescue, marine mammal center, san francisco news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt 2 min ago
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos