San Francisco News
Injured sea lion with plastic on neck making good recovery
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The injured sea lion that rescued at San Francisco's Pier 39 is making a great recovery.
It was being treated at the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito. The sea lion was spotted last Tuesday with a plastic wrapping strip tightly around its neck. Dozens of people watched as veterinarians caught it with a big net.
It's been named "Blond Bomber" and if all goes well, it could be back in the ocean by next Thursday.
animal, animals in peril, rescue, marine mammal center, san francisco news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday