San Francisco News
San Francisco bids to be host city for Super Bowl
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco is making a bid to be the host city for the Super Bowl in 2016 or 2017 even though the 49ers are moving to Santa Clara.
Mayor Ed Lee has been quietly working with the 49ers to be the host city even though the game would be played at the new stadium in the South bay.
On Tuesday, the league will announce whether San Francisco is among the contenders.
San Francisco would host a myriad of events during the week leading up to the big game.
49ers CEO Jed York reaffirmed on Friday that San Francisco is the team's home.
He says if the 49ers win a Super Bowl, the parade would be on Market Street.
san francisco 49ers, san francisco news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 44 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 47 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos