San Francisco News
Man involved in Mission District brawl dies
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man has died after being injured in a brawl in San Francisco's Mission District last week, police said Thursday.
The man, identified by the medical examiner's office as 40-year-old Jose Chuc Mul, was critically injured in a large fight reported around 2 a.m. on Oct. 16 near the intersection of 16th and Valencia streets, according to police.
Chuc Mul passed away four days later, according to the medical examiner's office.
Police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said the death is considered suspicious but has not been ruled a homicide because investigators have not determined the cause of death.
The brawl involved five suspects who fought with Chuc Mul and another person, Esparza said.
No arrests had been made in the case as of this morning.
mission district, san francisco news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday