San Francisco News
Man involved in Mission District brawl dies
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man has died after being injured in a brawl in San Francisco's Mission District last week, police said Thursday.
The man, identified by the medical examiner's office as 40-year-old Jose Chuc Mul, was critically injured in a large fight reported around 2 a.m. on Oct. 16 near the intersection of 16th and Valencia streets, according to police.
Chuc Mul passed away four days later, according to the medical examiner's office.
Police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said the death is considered suspicious but has not been ruled a homicide because investigators have not determined the cause of death.
The brawl involved five suspects who fought with Chuc Mul and another person, Esparza said.
No arrests had been made in the case as of this morning.
mission district, san francisco news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday