San Francisco News
Man involved in Mission District brawl dies
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man has died after being injured in a brawl in San Francisco's Mission District last week, police said Thursday.
The man, identified by the medical examiner's office as 40-year-old Jose Chuc Mul, was critically injured in a large fight reported around 2 a.m. on Oct. 16 near the intersection of 16th and Valencia streets, according to police.
Chuc Mul passed away four days later, according to the medical examiner's office.
Police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said the death is considered suspicious but has not been ruled a homicide because investigators have not determined the cause of death.
The brawl involved five suspects who fought with Chuc Mul and another person, Esparza said.
No arrests had been made in the case as of this morning.
mission district, san francisco news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 49 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 18 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos