San Francisco News
Man involved in Mission District brawl dies
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man has died after being injured in a brawl in San Francisco's Mission District last week, police said Thursday.
The man, identified by the medical examiner's office as 40-year-old Jose Chuc Mul, was critically injured in a large fight reported around 2 a.m. on Oct. 16 near the intersection of 16th and Valencia streets, according to police.
Chuc Mul passed away four days later, according to the medical examiner's office.
Police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said the death is considered suspicious but has not been ruled a homicide because investigators have not determined the cause of death.
The brawl involved five suspects who fought with Chuc Mul and another person, Esparza said.
No arrests had been made in the case as of this morning.
mission district, san francisco news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday