San Francisco News
Man involved in Mission District brawl dies
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man has died after being injured in a brawl in San Francisco's Mission District last week, police said Thursday.
The man, identified by the medical examiner's office as 40-year-old Jose Chuc Mul, was critically injured in a large fight reported around 2 a.m. on Oct. 16 near the intersection of 16th and Valencia streets, according to police.
Chuc Mul passed away four days later, according to the medical examiner's office.
Police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said the death is considered suspicious but has not been ruled a homicide because investigators have not determined the cause of death.
The brawl involved five suspects who fought with Chuc Mul and another person, Esparza said.
No arrests had been made in the case as of this morning.
mission district, san francisco news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday 50 min ago
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
52 min ago