San Francisco News
Current TV CEO says he's considering selling network
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The head of San Francisco-based Current TV says he's considering selling the boutique cable network.
CEO Joel Hyatt says he's exploring what he called "strategic options" including selling or seeking new partners and investors. Hyatt and former Vice President Al Gore started Current TV in 2005. It recently weathered the departure of high-profile anchor Keith Olberman.
The struggling channel's available in about 60 million homes.
al gore, television, san francisco news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M 53 min ago
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 34 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae 1 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday