San Francisco News
Giants bring World Series trophy back to SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Giants returned home Monday afternoon after their four-game World Series sweep over the Detroit Tigers.
The team arrived at SFO on their chartered 747 just after 4 p.m. There were some fans and friends waiting and cheering for them as they walked off the plane. They then drove to AT&T Park where even more fans were waiting to see the world champions when they got there.
The team celebrated in Detroit but as the say goes, "There's no place like home." When the team's six huge buses arrived at the park, the hometown crowd erupted. MVP Pablo Sandoval jumped off one of the buses hoisting the World Series trophy.
At first, manager Bruce Bochy said he was numb and speechless about the win, but with the crowd cheering his boys on, he found his voice. "They're a fun bunch. They have a good time. We let them go. We let them be themselves as long as it's not too bad," he said. "These guys were really so unselfish and wanted to win for each other. They cared about each other and they played at 25 guys. It's amazing what can happen when you get a group that plays like that."
Pablo Sandoval says he can't wait for Wednesday's parade. It'll will start at 11 a.m. at the foot of Market Street, then follow Market Street to Civic Center. The mayor's office and the Giants will announce more details in the next couple of days.
san francisco giants, world series, at&t park, san francisco news, carolyn tyler
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday