San Francisco News
Police: Burglar died while trying to flee SF home
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There was a strange discovery for some people in San Francisco Friday night. They heard a bump upstairs in their home, and when they went up to check it out they found a dead man.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle it happened on Bank Street in the Bernal Heights neighborhood.
Police say it appears the 53-year-old man was sneaking out of the house after breaking in. They believe he stepped on a broken sink or toilet and fell.
Police believe it was an accident.
crime, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos