San Francisco News
Absent students cost SFUSD $160K on Giants parade day
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Apparently, a lot of kids came down with Giants fever on victory parade day.
The San Francisco Unified School District says thousands of kids played hooky last Wednesday presumably, to attend the Giants World Series Parade.
More than 4,100 students were absent that day costing the district nearly $160,000 in California funding. The state pays about $38 each day a student shows up for school.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the majority of school-skippers were high school students.
san francisco giants, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire