San Francisco News
2nd suspect arrested in connection with Muni bus arson
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police arrested a second suspect Wednesday in the destruction of a San Francisco Municipal Railway bus following last month's Giants' World Series win.
Nicholas Hudson, 19, of Daly City, was arrested in South San Francisco at 10:15 a.m. and booked into San Francisco County Jail on arson and vandalism charges, police said.
The arrest stems from riotous celebrations after the Giants victory against the Detroit Tigers that included the torching of a Muni bus on Market and Third streets around 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 29.
Another suspect, Gregory Graniss, 22, was arrested Oct. 30 after he was connected with the bus vandalism.
A San Francisco Chronicle photographer had captured a picture of a man smashing the windshield of the bus with a metal police barricade. The photograph circulated through social media and Graniss was identified as the suspect and he turned himself in to police, police said.
Graniss has since pleaded not guilty to felony vandalism and willful tampering with a passenger transit vehicle for the 8X-Bayshore Express bus that he allegedly targeted.
Graniss is out of custody on $40,000 bail and will return to court on Dec. 17 for a pre-hearing conference.
Police said additional suspects are wanted for breaking windows of the bus including a white man in his 20s wearing all dark clothing and a baseball cap who apparently used a skateboard to break windows on the side of the bus.
Another suspect was photographed using a barricade to break the Muni bus windows. That man is described as a black man in his 20s wearing a red shirt with gray horizontal stripes, police said.
mission district, san francisco giants, world series, crime, fire, fireworks, muni, vandalism, at&t park, san francisco news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 25 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash 3 min ago