San Francisco News
SFPD motorcycle officer injured SoMa crash
SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco police motorcycle officer was injured in a crash in the city's South of Market neighborhood Monday morning, a police spokesman said.
The crash happened at about 11:45 a.m. as the officer was riding his motorcycle in the 700 block of Brannan Street, Officer Albie Esparza said.
Another vehicle was involved, but the circumstances of the accident remain under investigation, Esparza said.
The officer suffered injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening, and was transported to a hospital for treatment.
SFPD, soma, crash, san francisco news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food 15 min ago
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia 57 min ago
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak 3 min ago
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos