San Francisco News
Frederick Dozier Jr. found guilty in sex assault case
SAN FRANCISCO -- A jury today found a man guilty of more than two-dozen charges stemming from a series of grisly sexual assaults along San Francisco's 24th Street corridor last year.
Frederick Dozier Jr. is charged with 24 felony counts including kidnapping, sexual assault, robbery and attempted murder. Police say Dozier attacked his victims from behind and then punched and violently beat them.
Dozier was spotted on surveillance video and arrested after police received a tip. Investigators say they also found Dozier's DNA at the crime scenes.
His trial is expected to begin in September.
mission district, crime, san francisco news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 21 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 6 min ago
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 5 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 12 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
6 min ago