San Francisco News
Four arrested in child porn sting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Four people were arrested in San Francisco on suspicion of possessing child pornography when authorities served search warrants throughout the city Tuesday morning, a police spokesman said.
San Francisco police joined the Silicon Valley Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force to serve six warrants around the city, including in the neighborhoods of the Excelsior District, Oceanview, Visitacion Valley and South of Market, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
Alex Zhong Wang, 25, was arrested at his home in the 700 block of Naples Street; Jaime Rodriguez, 46, was arrested in the 500 block of Natoma Street; Juan Martinez, 28, was arrested in the first block of Cielto Drive and Guillermo Escandon-Aguilar, 28, was arrested in the 200 block of Russia Avenue, police said.
About 100 officers from 23 different law enforcement agencies participated in the operation, Andraychak said.
Among the task force's tools is a mobile forensics lab in a van that allows investigators to drive up to a suspect's home, seize hard drives and immediately begin searching for evidence that might otherwise take months to obtain from a state Department of Justice laboratory, according to police.
"Today's operation is just one example of law enforcement officers from different jurisdictions working together to combat crime," San Francisco police Chief Greg Suhr said in a statement. "Working together, law enforcement can take steps to remove these predators from our neighborhoods."
crime, san francisco news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos