San Francisco News
Newly-restored cable car on Powell-Hyde Street line
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A newly-restored cable car hit the streets of San Francisco Wednesday.
Number 26 rolled out of the cable car yard in Chinatown full of Muni officials and workers, some of whom helped refurbish the cable car.
It was originally built in 1890 and it took two years to get it looking new again. It was not an easy task considering the cars were built with a life span of just a few decades.
Number 26 will be making regular routes on the Powell-Hyde Street line.
museums, san francisco news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos