San Francisco News
Bicyclist injured after car chase ends in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A wild pursuit in San Francisco has ended with a crash, several injured, cars damaged and a driver under arrest for DUI.
The chase began on the Bay Bridge and continued to 15th and Natoma where the driver of an SUV hit a parked car, which in turn hit a person on a bicycle, injuring the rider. The crash ended on 17th and South Van Ness where the jeep crashed into a signal post, injuring the driver.
Crews are working to fix the stop light. The jeep hit a signal box there, knocking out power to the light. The CHP says the driver is under arrest for DUI, hit and run and evading police.
CHP, SFPD, crime, san francisco news, terry mcsweeney
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die 36 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday