San Francisco News
Bicyclist injured after car chase ends in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A wild pursuit in San Francisco has ended with a crash, several injured, cars damaged and a driver under arrest for DUI.
The chase began on the Bay Bridge and continued to 15th and Natoma where the driver of an SUV hit a parked car, which in turn hit a person on a bicycle, injuring the rider. The crash ended on 17th and South Van Ness where the jeep crashed into a signal post, injuring the driver.
Crews are working to fix the stop light. The jeep hit a signal box there, knocking out power to the light. The CHP says the driver is under arrest for DUI, hit and run and evading police.
CHP, SFPD, crime, san francisco news, terry mcsweeney
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF 7 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 8 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos