San Francisco News
Bicyclist injured after car chase ends in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A wild pursuit in San Francisco has ended with a crash, several injured, cars damaged and a driver under arrest for DUI.
The chase began on the Bay Bridge and continued to 15th and Natoma where the driver of an SUV hit a parked car, which in turn hit a person on a bicycle, injuring the rider. The crash ended on 17th and South Van Ness where the jeep crashed into a signal post, injuring the driver.
Crews are working to fix the stop light. The jeep hit a signal box there, knocking out power to the light. The CHP says the driver is under arrest for DUI, hit and run and evading police.
CHP, SFPD, crime, san francisco news, terry mcsweeney
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos