San Francisco News
Man, woman carjacked at gunpoint near Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man and woman had their car stolen at gunpoint near San Francisco's Ocean Beach early this morning, police said.
The carjacking was reported at 2:11 a.m. in the 800 block of Great Highway.
The victims, a 27-year-old man and 21-year-old woman, were approaching their car when a suspect got out of a vehicle, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the man, according to police.
The suspect demanded the victim's car and the victim complied, police said.
The suspect then drove off while a second suspect driving a silver, four-door vehicle followed behind. The suspects, described as two men in their 20s, had not been found as of this morning.
The victims were not injured in the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
ocean beach, carjacking, san francisco news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela 34 min ago
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- National memorial to be held for Nelson...
34 min ago