San Francisco News
Man, woman carjacked at gunpoint near Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man and woman had their car stolen at gunpoint near San Francisco's Ocean Beach early this morning, police said.
The carjacking was reported at 2:11 a.m. in the 800 block of Great Highway.
The victims, a 27-year-old man and 21-year-old woman, were approaching their car when a suspect got out of a vehicle, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the man, according to police.
The suspect demanded the victim's car and the victim complied, police said.
The suspect then drove off while a second suspect driving a silver, four-door vehicle followed behind. The suspects, described as two men in their 20s, had not been found as of this morning.
The victims were not injured in the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
ocean beach, carjacking, san francisco news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 12 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 45 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 59 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case