San Francisco News
Train frontman to sign 'save me, San Francisco' chocolate bars at Ghirardelli Square
SAN FRANCISCO -- The frontman for the local band Train will be making a special appearance at San Francisco's Ghirardelli Square this afternoon.
Singer Pat Monahan will be signing "Save Me, San Francisco" Ghirardelli chocolate bars -- a new line of chocolate bars named after his band's chart-topping album and single.
The event is scheduled for 3 p.m. at the chocolatier's main store.
The bars, which feature images of local landmarks such as Coit Tower and Fisherman's Wharf, are part of Train's philanthropy efforts, with 100 percent of the proceeds from the bars' first production going to the Family House charity.
Family House provides housing to families with seriously ill children.
The special chocolate bars are available in flavors including dark cabernet, sea salt almond and 72 percent cacao dark chocolate.
A music video for the single "Save Me, San Francisco" released in April 2011 featured band members singing and performing throughout the Bay Area.
celebrity, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 16 injured in East Harlem explosion 17 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos