San Francisco News
Surfer stranded on rocks brought to shore
SAN FRANCISCO -- A surfer stranded on the rocks at San Francisco's Ocean Beach was rescued and brought to shore this morning, emergency officials said.
A U.S. Coast Guard motorboat found the male surfer who was reported stranded at the rocks near the Cliff House at 8:06 a.m. and brought him to shore where San Francisco fire crews assisted him, Coast Guard officials said.
A fire official said the surfer was brought to the Crissy Field area at 8:40 a.m.
rescue, ocean beach, san francisco news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 1 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition 1 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 41 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 22 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 21 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 2 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos