San Francisco News
Man shot in leg while inside store in Hayes Valley
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was shot in the leg while inside a store in San Francisco's Hayes Valley neighborhood on Saturday evening, a police spokesman said today.
The shooting was reported at 6:12 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of Grove Street near Octavia Street.
The 52-year-old victim and a younger acquaintance were inside the store when two suspects fired into it, apparently targeting the younger male, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
The younger victim was not hit but the 52-year-old was struck in the right leg by the gunfire. He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, Esparza said.
The suspects, described as two men in their mid 20s who were wearing all-black clothing, had not been found as of this afternoon, according to Esparza.
The younger victim left from the store before officers arrived and has not yet talked to police, Esparza said.
The shooting remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
hayes valley, shooting, san francisco news
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Witnesses: Car strikes crowd at Va. parade 51 min ago
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom 1 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday