San Francisco News
Man breaks into apartments in Pacific Heights
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A burglar went on a wild and violent rampage near San Francisco's Pacific Heights neighborhood.
Police say the thief kicked down doors and windows in at least three residential buildings on Franklin and Sacramento Streets.
He stole items from cars and broke into several apartments.
The burglar threw a suitcase full of stolen loot from a second story window and tried to get away, but was captured by police.
"There's blood everywhere and the two units that I know of are pretty ransacked. A lot of damage to the building as far as the windows and the frames," Property manager Lilian Quintana said.
One police officer cut his arms while trying to grab the burglar through a broken window. Police say none of the residents were hurt.
The suspected burglar was taken to a local hospital with cuts and bruises.
pacific heights, SFPD, crime, san francisco news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 40 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders 14 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla. tornado 32 min ago
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition 13 min ago
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage 5 min ago
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house...
17 min ago
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla....
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos