San Francisco News
Sewage spill prompts partial Ocean Beach closure
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Part of San Francisco's Ocean Beach remains closed following Wednesday's sewage spill.
Barricades block off access to the beach along the Great Highway between Fulton and Balboa streets. Pedestrians can still walk along the promenade or go near the water's edge.
The spill was likely caused by heavy rains and the high tide which caused the sewage to overflow into the streets.
The water is gone now, but the smell still remains.
No word yet on when the area will be declared safe for visitors.
ocean beach, san francisco news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car 39 min ago
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash 26 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday