San Francisco News
Sewage spill prompts partial Ocean Beach closure
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Part of San Francisco's Ocean Beach remains closed following Wednesday's sewage spill.
Barricades block off access to the beach along the Great Highway between Fulton and Balboa streets. Pedestrians can still walk along the promenade or go near the water's edge.
The spill was likely caused by heavy rains and the high tide which caused the sewage to overflow into the streets.
The water is gone now, but the smell still remains.
No word yet on when the area will be declared safe for visitors.
ocean beach, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 37 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash 3 min ago
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Emotional stress may be linked to coronary problems 15 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year 57 min ago
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car